Saturday, May 26, 2012

Welcome!



Hey everyone! Welcome to the newest blog on the block! I chose the title "Wandering Explorer" mainly because this blog will be about absolutely anything and everything! I'll be "exploring" A LOT of things! For example, I won't just restrict myself to talking about books, although that will DEFINITELY take up a HUGE portion of the blog posts! As you can already guess, I'm a voracious reader!

Aside from books, I will be covering movies (blockbusters and classics and the latest ones), TV shows (mostly the recent ones) and music (I listen to anything that sounds good to me)! Celebrities and the media are a huge part of all of our lives, so obviously I'm gonna talk about that! So basically I'm gonna talk a lot about pop culture, trends, hypes and try to cover all the latest buzz!

Aside from all things POPULAR, I will be rambling about life in general. You see, I'm a student at the University of Calgary (so I'm gonna talk about uni life, duh!). I'm gonna talk about our city, the weather (trust me, if you live in Calgary, there's always something to say about the damn weather!), a LOT of pet peeves (*sigh, that is gonna be a never-ending list), and about other cultures. I love talking/experiencing about different cultures since I'm from a different background, but I really love how we (Canadians) promote multiculturalism as well!

This brings me to my next point...I'm nerd in the truest sense so you're gonna see a LOT of nerdy/geeky/academic things as well (I know, I know! I'm sorry, but I can't help it)! Another thing I'm very passionate about is charity work/volunteering/all things humanitarian! You're probably rolling your eyes by now, but I definitely believe in "Making a Difference"! As you can see already...when I say anything, I WILL be talking about almost anything!

Writing is a HUGE part of my life! Like, HUGE. I'm not joking. I will definitely be sharing some of my own writing as well as promote other people's writings as well! So please keep out an eye out for that! I'm gonna be posting funny memes and gifs (stuff that I like and think are funny), and a lot of quotes too! So this is just an "brief" (yup, I'm crazy) overview of what this blog will be about. What can I say? There's a WORLD out there that needs to be explored!

So please join me and let's explore this world. This is a place for all of you to rant as well so please feel free to voice your thoughts. And if you have any suggestions, LET ME KNOW! I would keep the swearing to a minimum, but if you feel very strongly about something, I' m not gonna get in the way of your thoughts! So welcome everybody and let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment