Saturday, May 26, 2012

Glee Season 3 Finale Review - A HUGE Disappointment

PLEASE NOTE: *Spoilers* and it's a short review because I REALLY don't have that much to say.

Let me start by saying that people are divided into two sides here - people who absolutely loved the episode and people who are disappointed/hated it. There is no middle ground! Unfortunately, I fall into the latter group. The songs choices were forgettable at best. In fact, I don't even remember which songs they played, that's how mediocre they were. When you don't rush to search up the song on YouTube or iTunes right after an episode of Glee finishes, you KNOW there's something wrong! Remember, episode 3x14 - On My Way? They featured Cough Syrup by Young the Giant while Karofsky got bullied and tried committing suicide. Not only was I blubbering mess, but as soon as that song ended I rushed to YouTube for that song! Yes, there were times especially in seasons 1 and 2 where I did just that over and over! This does NOT happen in the finale...in fact most of season 3, sadly.

As for the plot itself...let's just say I tried my hardest not to fall asleep. Nothing huge happened other than preparing for graduation. Until the end, when the writers decided to drop some pretty BIG bombs on us all! Here we go...out of Rachel, Finn and Kurt only ONE got accepted at their dream college. And I'm pretty sure people can guess who that is without even watching the episode. *eye roll* I mean SERIOUSLY? How could Kurt not get accepted to NYADA after that fantastic performance? I just really wanted to throw my TV out the window...Finn didn't get in either, although I think that was more obvious. So now we are kind of at a stalemate with Finchel. Rachel got accepted while Finn didn't. What do we do? Rachel decides to stay with Finn and Kurt (and of course, get married to Finn) until they can apply again next year. On the way to their wedding, (and this is where it really starts to fall apart) Finn tells Rachel that he can't come with her...it's been her dream since she was little blah, blah blah. At that point, Rachel's already a blubbering mess. Totally understandable. Then Finn says that he's gonna join the ARMY! WHAT???!!!! Where did that come from??!! I mean yes, they kind of hinted us with his father's situation, but REALLY?! Come on! It was completely random and dropped out of nowhere...So the ending = Finchel are separated, and Rachel goes to new York.

Wow. Just wow. (Lone man at the end clapping) ...So who is excited for season 4? -___-


No comments:

Post a Comment